The Astell&Kern AK100 is the ultimate portable high-fidelity audio system capable of studio Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) support and playback. MQS (24bit, 96kHz -192kHz) is considered as the digital music format with the most amount of information and commonly saved as a lossless 24bit WAV/FLAC format. The difference between MQS and MP3s/CDs (WAV) can be heard and felt because the sound is distortion free because no data loss occurs within the MQS (24bit) source. The Astell&Kern AK100 does not need external MQS encoding and results in a more refined and pure sound.
- Bit-to-bit Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) playback
- World’s first portable device equipped with the Wolfson WM8740 24bit/192kHz DAC
- Dual MicroSD card slots with 32GB of internal flash memory – 96GB of music storage space
- Use the Astell&Kern AK100 with or as an external optical DAC
- Refined design w/ integrated volume wheel & brushed aluminum body
- Intuitive user interface experience with touchscreen LCD & control buttons